- What’s good Mark? Cheers for taking the time out to talk to us today. First off we have to ask how does it feel to be one of the leading artists representing the grime scene on Rinse FM now?
- Looking back at your earliest days experimenting with music production, did you ever imagine within 5 years you’d be a regular on radio & signing deals with iconic stations like Rinse?
- The last few years have been nothing short of massive for you having released a full-length LP & more recently the excellent ‘I Know You Want Me’ EP, would you say your sound has evolved since the release of ‘1UP’ in 2009?
- Growing up in the wake of the Grime-boom during the early noughties who would you say were your main influences that inspired you to start producing?
- It’s clear that you’re an integral part of the Butterz set-up these days, how did that originally come about?
|The Butterz crew outside Fabric for one of their residencies|
- Butterz has been absolutely essential in breathing life notably into Grime & Bassline over the past few years, who off the label should we be watching out for this year?
|Royal-T working alongside Flava D on a recent collaboration|
- The first time we saw you live was down at Corsica Studios back in 2012 alongside Zed Bias which was nothing short of epic, is there a stand out memory or moment from all the sets you’ve played thus far?
|Butterz @ Cable|
- With Cable having (tragically) closed down the Butterz residencies are now taking place at the mighty Fabric with the next show on February 7th, what’s it like playing alongside the Butterz fam at such a legendary venue?
- & finally the all important question, what’s in store for Royal-T over the coming months?
I’ve got two remixes upcoming to be released in the next few months, one for Clean Bandit’s single ‘Rather Be’ and one for Route 94’s ‘My Love’ and also my collaboration EP with Flava D called ‘On My Mind’ which is coming out on Butterz, I’m really excited about that one. I’m working on a few other bits with other producers but i’m gonna let the music do the talking, i’m sure you’ll hear a lot of it at my shows.
You can catch Royal-T alongside the Butterz crew as they host Room 2 at Fabric, this coming Friday February 7th. Remaining tickets are available from the official website.